Without plugin, a WordPress just have a very simple function. Plugin will make a user can user others various of feature, such as e-commerce modul and admin area. There are thousand plugins that you can choose for your WordPress which is free or paid. In This tutorial will discuss how to install WordPress Plugin easily
What is WordPress Plugin?
WordPress plugins are bits of software that can be uploaded to to extend and expand the functionality of your WordPress site. Note: One of the primary advantages of using the self-hosted version of WordPress from WordPress.org is the ability to upload and use plugins on your WordPress site.
Free vs Premium WordPress Plugins
There are tons, literally tons, of WordPress plugins available for free download from the WordPress.org Plugin Directory. There are also premium or paid WordPress plugins.
Why would you want to pay for a plugin? Well, there are several reasons:
- While there are thousands of plugins available for free from the plugin directory, paid plugins usually offer a full time support staff and developers that work on maintaining the security and compatibility of plugins with the latest version of WordPress as well as with other themes and plugins.
- Most of the time, plugins play nicely with the core of WordPress and with other plugins, but sometimes a plugin’s code will get in the way of another plugin, causing compatibility issues. With a paid plugin, it’s just nice to know you have support staff that can help you out if anything goes wrong.
You might be asking what types of things plugins can do. Well, if you can imagine it, there’s probably a plugin for that. All you need to do is take a stroll through the WordPress plugin directory to see all of the possible ways plugins can extend or enhance your WordPress site. (Resource)
See also : SSL to Improve Webpage Load Speed
What Do You Need to Install Plugin?
Before you start to install plugin, you need to have Access to your WordPress admin. Here is the steps.
- Access Your WordPress Admin by add your URL admin (Example : https://yourdomain.com/wp-admin)
- Fill your Username or Email Address
- Fill your Password
- Press ‘Log In‘
Start to Install Plug In
After you can access your WordPress Admin, you will be in WordPress Dashboard. Next step, please follow this steps
- Find ‘Plugins‘ (see left side of your Dashboard)
- Click ‘Add New‘
- Then You can search what kind of plugin that you need.
See also : What is Google Adsense and how to register
For example, You want to install Buddy Press plugin. Here are the steps :
- Click ‘Install Now’
- Then click ‘Active’
Congrats, You have install new plugin in your WordPress. Have a nice day. 🙂
See also : How to index your Website To Yahoo and Bing